Panic !!!

Me, myself wasn't feeling so good, after popping a 500gm paracetamol for pain/fever I just turned off ... As my baby had taken his fever medication, I thought it was safe as all of the family members were around.

I remembered baby crying for milk but I don't feel him having. SubhanAllah to my surprise, his body was VERY hot and he was shivering and his eyes was rolled upwards and he wasn't even crying. He didn't answer when I called out his name and tried to baby-talk to him. He body went soft and my heart pound very fast for the first time in my life !!! All I could say at that time was Allah Allah Allah ...........

I couldn't think of anything else to do,  I washed his face reciting selawat as I went along then I put his head then legs under the running water. Feeling hopeless as I saw saliva coming out out his little lips I shouted for my husband. I spooned plain water into his mouth hoping some water will awake him but to my dismay it doesn't. At that point I was about to breakdown. Then my husband helped me out by preparing a tub filled with cold water and I put baby in. It was heart-breaking to see baby shivering in the tub but at least he started to make a sound of discomfort.

When his temperature reduced, I took him out and changed his diapers and clothes. He started to look at us and tried to say something. I let the dad hold him and he tried talking again and Alhamdulillah baby seems to be listening. Took out the cold water in the fridge as there were no ice cube at that very moment Allah hu Akhbar! then we sponged him together at the same time.

Alhamdulillah Allah is merciful, his temperature went down. MasyaAllah as we were about to settle down it rose again! We repeated till it dropped to 37.3 degree. It went up and down and by then all my pain seems to be gone just worried about the little one ;(((

Subuh azan came on air and I quickly showered and prayed since baby is sleeping. After everyone finished subuh prayer all seems to be well (everyone was up except for hakam). About to make coffee, then again it rose to 38.9 degree I began to worry again. All we did was repeat the sponging him till it reduced to 36.7 degree.

After 3 hours, all seems to be normal, and I learnt my lesson well. Never consume doctors fever medicine as it will affect the baby as he's breast-fed! Alhamdulillah Ya Rabb, U never desert me  ..... Allah hu Akhbar .....


No comments:

Post a Comment